David Keil Interview
If you are interested in Yoga Anatomy or Ashtanaga you will know about David Keil. With his great and informative website http://www.yoganatomy.com/ and worldwide workshops. I was like a kid in a toy shop when I got the chance to interview David. Loads of topics were covered with plenty of geeky anatomy talk. At this time I am posting the interview in manageable bites with the whole thing coming soon.
How knowing Yoga Anatomy can help your yoga practice.
Dealing with tighter and more resistant parts of the body.
Ashtanga Yoga an ongoing evolution?
Dealing with tension in particular muscle groups.
About David Keil’s book on Yoga Anatomy
Preventing Sacroiliac joint Injury
Chakrasana: How to do it safely
The anatomy of Marichyasana postures
Chaturanga: How far down and forward?
Seratus Anterior muscle and Chaturanga asana
Understanding the Psoas Muscle
Here are some of the articles posted here by David Keil:
- Can yoga fix scoliosis? May 30, 2013 By David Keil I was recently asked a question via email. Can yoga fix scoliosis? It’s certainly not the first time that I’ve ever been asked about scoliosis and I’m sure it won’t be the last. It’s a seemingly simple question but it bends in a direction that makes me wonder about our larger expectations for ...
- Your Shoulders in Downward Facing Dog March 30, 2013 By David Keil I think we can all agree about one thing with regard to the shoulders in downward facing dog. None of us like to have our own or see our students shoulders stuck up in our or their ears. How do we get our shoulders out of our ears? In addition what is the ...
- Sun Salutations Part 2 October 20, 2014 The last article in this series was the introduction to the sun salutations series with an anatomical spin. In this article we will be exploring: How to lift the arms over your head. Raising the Arms It seems as though I have seen hundreds of variations on how students raise their arms over their head to begin ...
- David Keil Interview 2016 August 20, 2016 Its that time of year again when David Keil visits Purple Valley in Goa and I get to babble anatomy with someone who really knows his stuff. David is author of the brilliant book Functional Anatomy of Yoga and teaches around the world. In this interview we talk about the emerging interest in fascia, injuries, ...
- How to get some hight in Nakrasana December 21, 2014 20December 2014: Interviewee: David Keil I had the great pleasure recently to be invited to practice with David at the beautiful Purple Valley in Goa. Of course I took the opportunity to make another interview, which is in editing at the moment. In the meantime here is a little clip to help if your Nakrasana looks ...
- Gluteal and Psoas Relationship for Yogis March 24, 2013 By David Keil There is a pattern that has shown itself to me over the last few months. I don’t think that this pattern is a result of practice but probably an underlying pattern that already existed. As often happens, regular practice can uncover any number of problems or imbalances in our body. Hopefully the practice ...